- The Underfashion Club is an industry trade group whose mission is
It is the intention of certain members of the Intimate Apparel Industry to raise funds and expend energy to safeguard the present and future health of said industry by:The group presents the annual--2008 marks the 50th time--Femmy Awards:
* Primarily supporting education of new talent.
* Secondarily by attracting this talent to careers in Intimate Apparel.
* Thirdly to act as a good citizen in the local community within which the industry exists.
* To accomplish these goals these members have formed the Underfashion Club, Inc
The Femmy Gala, recognized as a premier event in the Intimate Apparel Industry, is the fundraising vehicle which enables the Underfashion Club to support its extensive Scholarship, Awards, Internship and Grants (SAIG) programs. These efforts bring to life the Underfashion Club’s credo of "Education today for a better industry tomorrow".
The Intimate Apparel Council is a division of the American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA). Established in the year 2000, AAFA is the result of the merger of three organizations: American Apparel Manufacturers Association, Footwear Industries of America, and the Fashion Association.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, AAFA represents the membership on legislation, regulatory and administrative issues in Washington D.C. It also provides information and educational services for its members and the general public regarding industry issues.
Although AAFA has just started, it traces its roots back to 1960 when the apparel industry executives formed the American Apparel Manufacturers Association as a venue in working together to meet the needs of the industry. Forty years later, AAMA merged with other organizations and became AAFA.
- Network Dessous is a specialty publisher of journals documenting and presenting trends in lingerie, underwear and swimwear. They have several international magazines.