It's Summer & the bikini is having a birthday party. This is a great time to update some links and add a few notes--especially when the dogs woke me up while others are sleeping.:
- check out Bridgett Bardot, "The Bikini Girl", in her 1950s style from Entertainment Weekly's list of 18 Iconic Bikini's.
- June 9, 2009: Underwear: a history of hidden assets The exhibition Undercover: the Evolution of Underwear, at the Fashion and Textile museum in London looks at bras and briefs through the ages. A better gallery from the same exhibit.
- Stella McCartney lingerie
- Beneath It All: '50s and '60s Underwear presents a gallery of ads and images
- Rudi Gernreich's political fashions on display on the University of Pennsylvania's Institute of Contemporary Art website and Kent State University installation and in the Glamoursurf catalog (a No-bra Bra) and some biography at Fashion Encyclopedia